Client publishersThe Child's World
Library publisher of books from birth to middle school
“Bringing the joy of reading to children of all ages”
The Child’s World brings a world of educational titles to young readers in school and public libraries everywhere.
Since our beginnings in 1968, our goal has remained simple: we want all young children to truly enjoy reading and learning.
Their imprints include:
These time-honored, read-aloud classics captivate children’s attention, teach universal morals, and develop SEL concepts. Beautiful, original illustrations bring to life classic tales, activity songs, and Mother Goose nursery rhymes.
- Read-aloud children’s classics
- Original illustrations
- Critical-thinking questions and activities for extended learning opportunities
First Steps (PreK – Grade1)
These engaging, innovative titles teach children the fundamentals of phonics, language, and reading. Bright, simple imagery, and clear, accessible text provide the building blocks to strong literacy skills and a love of reading.
- Teaching tips for caregivers and educators
- Hands-on activities for further learning
- Word lists or glossary to aid in comprehension
Wonder Books (Grades 1-3)
Open a child’s world to the wonders of learning with these elementary-friendly, nonfiction books. These titles support state standards and instill a love of learning by presenting subject matter through the lens of curiosity.
- Graphics for visual learners
- ‘Wonder More’ section with extended learning exercises to inspire curious minds
- Sidebars containing additional in-depth information about the book’s topic
Stride (Grades 2-5)
These dynamic, high-interest books are crafted to both fuel the desire to learn, and energize the love of reading. Readers will advance their confidence as they hit their stride with in-depth nonfiction learning with a cross-curricular approach.
- ‘One Stride Further’ section with questions and writing exercises
- High-interest topics
- Resources to encourage further research
These narrative nonfiction stories will captivate attention and bolster learning. Engaging narration weaves facts and information into these titles, providing a deeper understanding of the subject, increasing reading fluency and critical-thinking skills.
- Fun Facts
- ‘Think About It’ section challenging readers to think • critically
- Primary source text
contact psi for information on the child’s world
PSi/Publishers’ Services INTERNATIONAL, Incorporated is located in Austin, TX USA